What is the Cheapest Way to Sell a Home in Fairfax County VA?
May 25, 2021
May 25, 2021
It’s not cheap to sell a home. At first glance, it might seem like all you have to do is tidy up the home, list it for sale and wait for someone to make an offer. But things are a lot more complex – and costly – than this. Some expenses may be negotiable but others will land solely on you, the seller.
Fortunately, there is a cheaper way to sell your home, especially if it requires a lot of repairs and updates to make it desirable to buyers. Selling your home for cash in Fairfax County Virginia is the fastest and least expensive option for selling a home. Let’s learn more about why this is the case and the expenses you can avoid.
How Much Does it Cost to Sell a Home in Fairfax County?
Typically, the biggest fee sellers pay is the realtor fee, which is between 5 and 6 percent here in Virginia. For a $250,000 home, you could be paying as much as $15,000 in realtor fees which is split between the seller’s real estate agent and the buyer’s agent. Roughly 77 percent of sellers pick up this cost, according to the National Association of Realtors (NAR).
Other costs associated with selling a home are:
- Home repairs. Most sellers end up having to make minor cosmetic improvements like new flooring or paint.
- Inspection. If the inspection turns up problems, the buyers can request that you fix them or offer a credit.
- Home staging. The NAR found that 28 percent of sellers staged their homes before listing. Some tactics you can do yourself, but others you’ll need to pay for.
- Closing costs. Even though closing costs are often the buyer’s responsibility, don’t be surprised if you end up having to pay some association fees, property taxes, attorney fees, transfer taxes and title insurance.
- Additional fees. Other costs you may incur include escrow fees, brokerage fees and courier fees.
Why Selling for Cash is the Cheapest Option
When you sell your home for cash in Fairfax County, you work directly with the buyers. There are no banks involved, granting you the freedom to skip over inspections, appraisals and long wait times. Believe it or not, 4 Brothers Buy Houses can typically close in about one week. Imagine how close you are to being done with your mortgage, taxes, utilities and HOA fees!
Here are the costs you can eliminate from a cash sale:
- Pre-sale home inspection
- Closing costs – we typically pick these up for our sellers
- Showings – when people are in your home, you have to leave which means driving around, eating out for dinner, etc.
- Repairs or updates
- Realtor commissions
- Negotiations with buyers
If you’re interested in selling your home fast in Fairfax County, contact 4 Brothers Buy Houses. We can give you a fair, no obligation cash offer in a matter of minutes.