Five Reasons to Sell Your Home in Autumn
October 4, 2016
October 4, 2016
Many homeowners consider fall a “difficult” time to sell a home, and many people believe that homes sell better during the spring or summer seasons. While home sales often peak in the warmer months, that doesn’t mean you “can’t,” or “shouldn’t” list your home for sale in other seasons. In fact, here are some excellent reasons to list your home for sale now:
- Better Visibility in the Market.Statistically, fewer homes go on the market during the autumn and winter months, which means that every new listing gets more attention from realtors and potential buyers. Placing your home on the market when inventory is lower gives you a definite advantage where visibility is concerned!
- Faster Closing Times. While no one can guarantee the speed at which an escrow will close, selling your home in the autumn often means that mortgage and escrow companies have fewer active deals in progress—freeing up more time for escrow and mortgage officers to work on your sale. Fewer deals in progress translates to fewer (or shorter) delays, which can speed up the pace at which your deal closes, or at least reduce the chance of delays.
- More Attention from Realtors. Real estate agents, like everyone else, have only so many available hours in a working day. Listing your home for sale in the autumn, when fewer properties are on the market, may earn you more attention from your listing agent—and from buyers’ agents too.
- Letting the Holiday Spirit Work For You. People love the holidays, and listing your home for sale in the autumn lets you take advantage of that holiday spirit, by staging your home in ways that reflect the season. Holiday snacks at open houses, autumn colors in the yard, and tasteful seasonal staging can help put buyers in a festive mood.
- A Higher Percentage of Serious Buyers. With the weather turning cold and children back in school, fewer people have the time or inclination to visit open houses or make showing appointments on a whim. Buyers actively looking for homes in the autumn and winter are generally serious about buying—often before the end of the year—and listing your home in the autumn can help you take advantage of these motivated buyers.
Listing your home in the autumn carries some serious advantages—but only for sellers who take the time to price, stage, and prepare the house for sale in a proper manner. As at any time of year, overpriced homes and those in need of serious work may linger on the market. If you need to sell your home in the autumn, you may also want to consider contacting an investor like 4 Brothers Buy Houses, who can purchase your home for cash without all the hassle of staging, hiring a real estate agent, and scheduling showings and open houses. Curious? Click here to receive a no-obligation quote and more details today.