Holding Onto a Vacant Property in Manassas? Here’s What You Need to Know.
May 28, 2021
May 28, 2021
There are many reasons why a home sits vacant. Time in between renters, a major life event or a slow market are just some of the reasons why some homes become vacant. It’s easy for these properties to be forgotten – out of sight, out of mind. However, forgetting about a vacant home can quickly become a problem, and an expensive one at that.
If you have a vacant property in Manassas VA, it’s time to decide what you plan to do with the property. 2021 is a seller’s market so it’s very likely that you’ll get the most for your money if you sell right now.
What are the Risks of Keeping a Vacant Home in Manassas?
Every day a home is left empty is another day of increased risks. Even in good neighborhoods, people will seek out empty homes. Here are some of the risks of keeping a vacant home in Manassas:
- Theft and vandalism. Vacant homes are more likely to attract criminals and thieves. If you have stuff inside the home, you’ll especially want to be careful.
- Trespassing. An easy target for trespassers, vacant homes provide a place to hang out, party and conduct illegal activities.
- Squatters. Squatters also pose a risk to an empty home. And, believe it or not, squatters have rights in Virginia so it might not be easy to get them out.
- System failures. What happens when a pipe bursts or the fuse box starts a small fire? All of this damage comes at a cost you’ll have to pay for.
- Neglecting maintenance. When you’re not living in the home, the “little things” go unnoticed and can spiral into bigger and more expensive problems.
What Should I Do with My Empty House in Manassas?
If you have a vacant home that’s just sitting there, it might be in your best interest to sell. It’s a seller’s market right now so you can get top dollar for your Manassas home! This is far better than waiting for trespassers, criminals or squatters to damage the property. And it’s much better than hearing from a neighbor that your home is flooded or needs some type of attention.
4 Brothers Buy Houses can provide you with a free, no obligation quote in just one day. If you like what you see, we can close in about seven days. Not only will you get money in your pocket, but also you can avoid the expenses associated with taking care of the home or having to list it for sale.
To get your fast and free cash offer, contact our cash home buyers in Manassas today!